Dedicio® COVID-19 Ag rapid test plus test.
Low-invasive rapid test for the qualitative detection of viral SARS-CoV-2 nucleoproteins in human nasal, nasopharyngeal or oropharyngeal specimens; specimen collection by short nasal swab (anteriornasal).
– Listed by the German Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices (BfArM) –
The Dedicio® COVID-19 Ag plus test directly detects the virus by testing for the presence of specific SARS-CoV-2 proteins. Thus, antigen detection closes a diagnostic gap. The nucleocapsid protein (N) is ideally suited for this detection because it is highly abundant in the virus and sufficiently specific for SARS-CoV2. It is one of its 4 major structural proteins and is involved in replication, transcription and packaging of the viral genome.
Features of the test:
- Reliable even with viral mutations.
- Easy to use.
- German manufacturer.
- High specificity > 95 percent.
- High sensitivity 97.09 percent.
- Fast and reliable test results in just 15 minutes.
- Can be performed with nasal (short nasal swab), nasopharyngeal, or oropharyngeal specimens.
- Only 2.5 cm penetration into nose required (anteriornasal).
- Storage at room temperature.
- All test components – including sterile swab – are included.
- No cross-reactivity with human pathogenic coronaviruses (such as hCoV-229E, -NL63 or -OC43) or influenza viruses (such as influenza A/B).
The Dedicio® COVID-19 Ag plus Test is a chromatographic immunoassay in lateral flow format for the qualitative detection of viral SARS-CoV-2 nucleoproteins in human nasal, nasopharyngeal or oropharyngeal specimens. The test is intended as an aid in the diagnosis of infection with SARS-CoV-2. It should be noted that the concentration of viral nucleoprotein antigens may fluctuate during the course of the disease and may fall below the detection limit of the test. A possible infectivity of the test persons cannot be excluded due to negative test results.
Dedicio® COVID-19 Ag plus Test / nal von minden:
Rapid test for the qualitative in vitro determination of Covid-19 antigen.
In human nasal, nasopharyngeal, or oropharyngeal specimens; specimen collection by short nasal swab.