CITOSWAB® Virus Specimen Collection and Transport Kit.
The CITOSWAB® with transport medium offers a complete solution specifically for the collection, transport and preservation of viral samples such as those from SARS-CoV-2, influenza, avian influenza or HFMD.
Features of the kit:
- Storage at room temperature.
- Various application possibilities due to effective antibiotic antifungal combination of VTM solution.
- Self-standing transport tube suitable for centrifugation.
- Sufficient transport fluid (3 mL) allows multiple assays.
- Special swabs for efficient nasopharyngeal and oropharyngeal specimen collection.
CITOSWAB® VTM Specimen Collection and Transport Kit:
Bovine serum albumin V and other virus-stable ingredients such as HEPES are added to a base of Hanks salts so that the virus remains active over a wide range of temperatures. This facilitates the extraction of nucleic acid for future samples as well as the isolation of the virus.
CITOSWAB® VTM-N Specimen Collection and Transport Kit:
On a base of Tris-HCl buffer with EDTA and guadinium salts, nucleases are inhibited and proteins are denatured. The virus is thus inactivated without harming the viral nucleic acid. This facilitates extraction of nucleic acid and analysis of subsequent samples, but is not suitable for isolated cultivation.